Coronoravirus Impact On NWT
The Norfolk Wherry Trust is, like all responsible organisations, following government advice about the Covid-19 virus. The safety and health of charter and day cruise passengers and the NWT volunteers and visitors is of paramount importance. Changes have had to be made to the operational schedule as set out below.
Posted 3rd June 2020
ALL PUBLIC 2020 SAILINGS CANCELLED
In view of the continuing social distancing guidelines, all charters, day cruises and open days have been cancelled for the 2020 season. Bookings are being taken for 2021 – NWT are looking forward to be able to welcome new and returning visitors next season. Please note that the organiser of every booked charter and day cruise party scheduled for 2020 will be contacted individually by the Charter Secretary to discuss either re-scheduling or cancelling their booking.
Posted 13th May 2020 – Revised 16th June 2020
In view of the social distancing guidelines, the format of the AGM on 13th June 2020 had to be changed. This year, the meeting was held in private. However all members had the opportunity to submit questions (emailed to the Secretary in advance) to the Trust that were answered at the meeting.
Posted 18th March 2020
NWT has decided to delay the start of the Charter Season until 1st July 2020 and to cancel the Southern Rivers Cruise. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to those who have booked charters or places on a day cruise but we hope people will understand the decision in the current fast-moving situation. Whilst it is hoped charterers and those booked on day cruises will wish to re-schedule, NWT understands that this may not be possible.
Charter – Existing Bookings
The organiser of every booked charter and day cruise party scheduled will be contacted individually by the Charter Secretary to discuss either re-scheduling or cancelling the booking. Rescheduled charters will be re-confirmed in June once the Trust has decided whether and when to start the season.
Bookings for after 1st July 2020 will still be scheduled. Please contact the Charter Secretary as usual. The Trust will decide early June whether any additional changes to the schedule are required. Rescheduled charters will be re-confirmed in June once the Trust has decided whether and when to start the Season.
The current national and global situation is unprecedented. Further changes and revision to the 2020 Charter Season for Albion may be necessary. Please check back here to this webpage in the first instance before contacting the Charter Secretary. The calendar will show (in a few days) all the events currently taking place.